Kidney disease is no laughing matter. And as much as I want to make a joke about Jitlada’s brilliant spicy fish kidney curry, I know that’s in bad taste (figuratively, not literally). The 23rd Annual Great Chefs of Los Angeles one-stop food marathon is a much better way to do something about kidney disease.
On Sunday, November 8th from noon to 3:30 p.m. the National Kidney Foundation of Southern California will be showcasing the cooking talents of LA’s best chefs in an effort to raise money for their foundation.
Led by Chefs of Honor Mary Sue Milliken, Susan Feniger and Neal Fraser, the event will feature:
|• Adam Horton, Saddlepeak Lodge
• Akasha Richmond, Akasha
• Andrea Cavaliere, Cecconi’s
• Benjamin Ford, Ford’s Filling Station
• Bob Lynn, La Grande Orange
• Brain Moyers, BLT Steak
• Calogero Drago, Celestino Ristorante & Panzanella
• Celestino Drago, Drago Restaurant, Enoteca Drago, Il Pastaio, Drago Centro
• Chris Moran, Events D’Elegance
• David Linville, Charlie’s Malibu
• Frank Leon, LaLoggia Ristorante & Bokado
• Keven Alan Lee, EAST Restaurant & Lounge
• Giacomino Drago, Il Pastaio
• Govind Armstrong, 8 oz.
• Jason Johnston, Dakota
• Jesse Perez, Fuego at Hotel Maya
• Jimmy Shaw, Loteria Grill
• Joachim Weritz, Moonshadows
|• Jonathan Burrows, Mr. Cecil’s California Ribs
• Jorge Chicas, The Bazaar – SLS Hotel
• Josie Le Balch, Josie Restaurant
• Margarito Cid, Harry’s Oklahoma Style Smokehouse BBQ
• Mary Sue Milliken & Susan Feniger, Border Grill & Ciudad Restaurants
• Michael Fiorelli, mar’sel
• Neal Fraser, Grace & BLD
• Paolo Sicuro, Via Alloro
• Roberto Maggioni, Lago
• Sam Marvin & Christopher Goossen, Bottega Louie Restaurant & Gourmet Market
• Simon Dolinky, BLVD 16 at Hotel Palomar
• Steven Fretz, XIV
• Tanino Drago, Tanino Ristorante & Panzanella Ristorante
• Yoji Tajima, SHU – Sushi House Unico
• Leyna’s Kitchen
The Chefs of Honor will present awards to their fellow participating chefs to spotlight the use of local, organic and sustainable ingredients.
As if all that food wasn’t enough, there will be beverages from:
• Barone Fine Winery
• Buttonwood Farm Winery
• Crossings, New Zealand
• Duckhorn Wine Company
• Frank Family Vineyards
• Golden State Wine Co.
• Grgich Hills Estate
• Jaffe Estate Wine
• Jack Wines
• Jocelyn Lonen Winery
• Kunde Estate Winery
• L’Aventure Winery
• Laetitia Vineyard & Winery
• Loring Wine Co.
• Quinta do Castro
• Regal Wine Co.
• Sterling Organics
• Trefethen Family Vineyards
• Vega Sicilia
• Villa Franttina
• VeeV Açai Spirit
• Tequila Ocho
• RIGHT Gin
Although the $150 per person tickets is expensive, you’ll be attending one of the top one-stop food marathons of the year, donating to a wonderful charity and supporting LA’s restaurants that make the decision to go green/organic. And there’s always the gift bag featuring signed copies of Skinny Bastard, the latest book by the authors of Skinny Bitch.